A Tumblr for posting art and collaborating with other artists.
I dub thee “Casual Playable Paint Job”.
I am going to start up my Wraith conversions today. Having an out of production Wraith now for both scale and reference, I have now gathered up all the materials I need to begin work. Here’s my “grocery list”, as it were.
- 5 sets of Hormagaunt Talons
- 5 Warrior Heads and Torsos from the Ghost Ark kit
- Heavy Gauge florist’s wire, cut into five 4” lengths
- Cork tile
- 1 empty Cottage Cheese container
and of course
- Green Stuff
I have used the Cork Board to make up some spiffy looking 40mm bases. Aside from being aesthetically pleasing, this also gives me something to stab the florist wire into in order for the model to stand up (a large paperclip could also be used, but florist wire is easier to work). The spine/tail will be built up out of Green Stuff disks and balls along the length of the wire. The torso will have be be trimmed of it’s broken arms, and once that is done the Talons can be easily applied. I lucked out in that the Wraith I got was already modeled with a pistol, so I will only have to make one more for wound tricks and squad variety (we still have a week of 5th left, darn it!). My plan is to chop down one of my MANY spare Gauss Flayers to make the pistol, as it quite nicely already has an arm holding it.
Now, whatever could I need an empty Cottage Cheese container for? Simple: it is pre-curved Plasti-card! I have giant spaulders to craft, it is an old style Wraith, after all.
I plan on painting the wraiths in the white color scheme, but I will be priming them black, and for two reasons. Firstly, because I no longer trust Army Painter spray paint/primer for anything other than Plague Marines, and secondly it will make getting black into the deep crevasses for contrast work easier
Sudden montage of some AMAZING Necron work. CHECK OUT THAT SZERAS!
Those last two models are awesome conversions using the Vampire Count’s Carin Wraith as a base. I love the fact that I am not the only person who through to convert that model into a Necron HQ choice, though it never occured to me to make an amazing Illuminator out of it.